Be part of Gifts of Love!
Gifts of Love 2018 will be held December 9-15
Gifts of Love has been providing Christmas with dignity to families-in-need for over 20 years.
In 2017, City Impact partnered with local businesses, churches, and thousands of community members to provide over $100,000 in gifts to more than 3,200 kids and their families!
In 2018, we want to provide Christmas for 3,500 kids. We need your help to make it happen!
Donate new, unwrapped gifts
Gifts can be dropped off at City Impact or at a number of locations around Lincoln beginning in November.
Make an online donation
$40 is all it takes to sponsor the purchase of new, Christmas gifts for a child.
Gifts of Love is supported by hundreds of local volunteers helping our shoppers, wrapping gifts, and much more.
Volunteer sign-up will begin in October. Watch for more information!
How It Works
City Impact sets up a Christmas store for income-qualified families to spend their own money on gifts for their kids. Parents buy new gifts at 70% off retail prices.
The store is stocked with new donated gifts, collected at various sites throughout Lincoln. Donated money is also used to purchase gifts for the store.
City Impact kids also have the opportunity to shop the Gifts of Love store, using points they earn at program. Our kids buy gifts for their parents, siblings, and other family. It helps make Christmas even more special for them!
The Gifts of Love store is staffed with volunteers from local businesses, church and philanthropy groups, student clubs, families, and other groups large and small. Volunteers spend a few hours setting up the store, helping shoppers select gifts, wrapping presents, or sharing treats. They are both blessed and a blessing!
Ultimately, the goal of Gifts of Love is to provide Christmas with dignity to families who need a hand up, sharing the love of Jesus with our community.
Gifts of Love is one of Lincoln’s largest and longest running Christmas outreach programs, providing Christmas with dignity to families in need.
Last year the Gifts of Love store provided quality presents to over 3,200 children and their parents, at a small fraction of retail prices.
Gifts of Love 2018 will be held December 9 _ 15.
All donations (items and financial support) should be received by December 7.
Gift Drop-off Locations
2018 Collection Sites will be listed in November.
Youngest Students: Pre/k-3rd
- Toy kitchen gear
- Disney items & movies
- Arts & crafts toys
- Baby dolls
- Peppa Pig
- Star Wars
- Super hero gear
- Cars (Hot Wheels, Tonka, accessories)
- Sports balls
- Paw Patrol
- Ninja Turtles
- Disney items
- Scooters & bikes
- Board games
- Young adult fiction
- Star Wars action figures
- Nerf guns
- Movie themed Legos
- Phone accessories
- Fashion items (make-up, jewelry, hair appliances)
- iTunes gift cards
- Clothing gift cards (H&M, Forever 21)
- Phone accessories
- Pro-sports team gear
- Sports balls & accessories
- Name brand sweatshirts
Our City Impact program students have the opportunity to shop for their parents!
- Kitchen items & cookbooks
- Make-up & perfume
- Accessories (purses, scarves)
- Exercise trackers
- Home-spa items (lotions, manicure sets)
- Day planners
- Camo themed items
- Hunting & fishing gear
- Gift cards (Walmart, Target, Scheel’s, Amazon, Coffee shops, hardware stores)
- Car accessories
New gifts and monetary donations (to buy gifts) are collected from the Lincoln community. Last year, $125,000 allowed 3000+ children and their parents to receive new personalized Christmas gifts.
Students purchase items for adult loved ones using vouchers earned through participation in City Impact programs.
Gifts of Love 2018 will be held December 9 – 15. All donations (items and financial support) need to be received by December 7th.
- Donate gifts: We’ll be accepting new and current unwrapped gifts and wrapping supplies through December 7th. Donations are tax deductible. $25 – $50+ items are greatly appreciate. We appreciate your gently used gifts, though we are strictly only taking new and current items. Thank you for your understanding.
- Volunteer: Sign up to be a Gifts of Love volunteer here!
- Donate: Offer a financial contribution. Check, cash, and online donations are acceptable.
Family registration for Gifts of Love 2018 will be November 5-6, from 10am – 7pm at City Impact 1035 N. 33rd St. *See below for what to bring.
Shopping will be December 14 – 15. Shopping time slots are selected at family registration.
Walk-up shopping will be that afternoon of December 15th from 4- 6 pm
1) You must be the legal guardian of each child (under 19 years old) who live in your home. Each child may only be shopped for once. So if parents are not together, you must decide which parent will register and shop.
2) Your photo ID
3) Social Security card for each child. Also acceptable: 2017 tax return, passport, government issued ID.
4) Proof of income eligibility, any ONE of the following:
- LPS district office letter stating free or reduced lunch eligibility. If you do not have, do not contact LPS; we will handle at registration.
- HHS letter stating SNAP case number
- Most recent pay stub of all adult household members