Gifts of Love 2019 will be December 8 - 14th!
How it Works
City Impact sets up a Christmas store for income-qualified families to spend their own money on gifts for their kids. Parents buy new gifts at 70% off retail prices.
The store is stocked with new donated gifts, collected at various sites throughout Lincoln. Donated money is also used to purchase gifts for the store.
City Impact kids also have the opportunity to shop the Gifts of Love store, using points they earn at program. Our kids buy gifts for their parents, siblings, and other family. It helps make Christmas even more special for them!
The Gifts of Love store is staffed with volunteers from local businesses, church and philanthropy groups, student clubs, families, and other groups large and small. Volunteers spend a few hours setting up the store, helping shoppers select gifts, wrapping presents, or sharing treats. They are both blessed and a blessing!
Ultimately, the goal of Gifts of Love is to provide Christmas with dignity to families who need a hand up, sharing the love of Jesus with our community.
Donate new, unwrapped gifts
Gifts can be dropped off at City Impact or at a number of locations around Lincoln beginning November 8th.
Make an online donation
$40 is all it takes to sponsor the purchase of new, Christmas gifts for a child.
Gifts of Love is supported by hundreds of local volunteers helping our shoppers, wrapping gifts, and much more.
Send a gift donation with just a click!
Register to Shop Gifts of Love
Gifts of Love is one of Lincoln’s largest and longest running Christmas outreach programs, providing Christmas with dignity to families in need.
Last year the Gifts of Love store provided quality presents to over 3,300 children and their parents, at a small fraction of retail prices.
Gifts of Love 2019 Collection Sites are receiving gift donations November 8 – December 2.
Youngest Students: Pre/k-3rd
- Play kitchen toys
- Disney toys
- Arts & crafts items
- Baby dolls
- Star Wars toys
- Super hero gear
- Cars (Hot Wheels, Tonka, accessories)
- Sports balls
- Disney items
- Scooters & bikes
- Craft kits
- Young adult fiction
- Star Wars action figures
- Nerf toys
- Beyblades toys
- Movie-themed LEGOs
- Bluetooth headphones
- Fashion items (makeup, jewelry, hair appliances)
- Cozy blankets
- Clothing gift cards (H&M, Forever 21)
- Cologne sets
- Pro-sports team gear
- Sports balls & accessories
- Name-brand sweatshirts
Our City Impact program students have the opportunity to shop for their parents!
- Kitchen items
- Makeup and perfume
- Coffee gift sets
- Exercise trackers
- Home spa items (lotions, manicure sets)
- Thermo mugs
- Hot sauce sets
- Gift cards
(Wal-Mart, Target, Scheels)
- Car accessories
New gifts and monetary donations (to buy gifts) are collected from the Lincoln community. Last year, $120,000 allowed 3,300+ children and their parents to receive new personalized Christmas gifts.
Students purchase items for adult loved ones using vouchers earned through participation in City Impact programs.
Gifts of Love 2019 will be held December 8 – 14. All donations (items and financial support) need to be received by December 6th.
- Donate gifts: We’ll be accepting new and current unwrapped gifts and wrapping supplies through December 6th. Donations are tax deductible. $25 – $50+ items are greatly appreciate. We appreciate your gently used gifts, though we are strictly only taking new and current items. Thank you for your understanding.
- Volunteer: Sign up to be a Gifts of Love volunteer here!
- Donate: Offer a financial contribution. Check, cash, and online donations accepted.
Family registration for Gifts of Love 2019 will be at City Impact 1035 N. 33rd St.
Thursday, November 14th from 4pm – 7pm
Friday, November 15th from 9am – 7pm
Saturday, November 16th from 9am – 1pm
*See below for what to bring.
Shopping will be December 13 & 14. Shopping time slots are selected at family registration.
Walk-up shopping will be the afternoon of December 14th at 3:30pm.
1) You must be the legal guardian of each child (under 19 years old) who live in your home. Each child may only be shopped for once. So if parents are not together, you must decide which parent will register and shop.
2) Your photo ID
3) Social Security card for each child. Also acceptable: 2018 tax return, passport, government issued ID.
4) Proof of income eligibility, any ONE of the following:
- LPS district office letter stating free or reduced lunch eligibility. If you do not have, do not contact LPS; we will handle at registration.
- HHS letter stating SNAP case number
- Most recent pay stub of all adult household members