City Impact is a faith-based, youth development non-profit in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our vision is to grow kids into leaders who break the cycle of poverty. Our team cares deeply about under-resourced families in Lincoln. We live and serve where our community needs it most.
Our space is full of energetic kids with hopes and dreams. We work with them to remove emotional, physical, and spiritual barriers, allowing them to flourish. We don’t just hand kids a Bible but walk alongside them, equipping them to empower others. When kids believe they can become a leader, they can achieve it.
Mentor, teach, empower, and transform. That’s how we beat the cycle of poverty. Want to join us?
We are seeking a Classroom Teacher for our City Impact Kids program (PreK – Grade 5). CI Kids teaches kids about God’s love while empowering them to use their God-given gifts to impact their world.
- Teaching the Bible story and active lessons to 15-25 students each week using curriculum provided
- Creating an environment for building relationships and learning, enforcing high behavior expectations among students and teen leaders, carrying out disciplinary procedures
- Encouraging and shepherding adult and youth volunteers on your classroom team and supervising small groups
- Additional responsibilities include prepping curriculum and making brief contacts with volunteers outside of class during the week
Previous experience teaching or working with kids who attend Title I schools is a plus.
5 hours/week – Tuesdays 5:00 – 9:00pm, plus 1 hour of planning. Hourly pay is $13/hour based on education.
Click below to apply.
We are seeking someone to run a semester-long study hall / incentive program for high school students (Grades 9th-12th).
- Coordinating a study hall for 15-30 students each week
- Tracking each student’s grades and progress from week to week, setting goals and incentives for each youth
- Creating a productive environment for learning, and communicating those expectations
- Managing, communicating, and collaborating with adult volunteers to ensure the needs of the youth can be met
Previous education experience and experience managing volunteers is preferred.
7 hours/week – Thursdays 3:00–7:00pm, plus 3 hours of administrative work. Hourly pay is $14/hour.