City Impact is a faith-based, youth development non-profit in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our vision is to grow kids into leaders who break the cycle of poverty. Our team cares deeply about under-resourced families in Lincoln. We live and serve where our community needs it most.
Our space is full of energetic kids with hopes and dreams. We work with them to remove emotional, physical, and spiritual barriers, allowing them to flourish. We don’t just hand kids a Bible but walk alongside them, equipping them to empower others. When kids believe they can become a leader, they can achieve it.
Mentor, teach, empower, and transform. That’s how we beat the cycle of poverty. Want to join us?
We are seeking a passionate and highly relational individual with good organization skills who has the capacity to work a varying schedule consisting of daytime, evening and weekend hours, including but not limited to Tuesday and Sunday evenings.
Our mentoring program is an essential part of the vision, mission, and goals of our organization. This position will report directly to our Program Director. The role will start at 25 hours weekly.
- Onboard new mentors from the initial interest and throughout the entire application process
- Meet with students in our core programs to assess their interests, passions, and goals
- Contemplate potential matches for both mentors and mentees.
- Conduct the initial match meeting process with the mentor, mentee and their family
- Perform periodic follow ups with mentors, mentees, and families; including formal program evaluations throughout the year
- Be available to answer questions and concerns that may arise throughout the duration of the mentoring relationship
- Plan events throughout the year, including an annual mentor appreciation event, additional training opportunities, and finding free opportunities and tickets for mentor pairs
- Complete match closures by providing guidance for mentors, mentees, and families during the closure process and collecting any additional documentation needed
- Work closely with the Program Director and other City Impact staff (including our program team) to help with specific program goals
- Assist the Program Director in tracking mentoring numbers and budget line items.
- Attend and participate in occasional meetings and trainings focused on mentoring-related content
What You Need
- Previous mentoring-related experience highly recommended and preferred
- Computer skills required
- Ability to manage varying amount of time behind a desk and engaging with people
- Outstanding communication skills with a natural talent for making connections and a proven ability to form strong relationships that create change
- Excellent time management skills and communications follow-up habits
- Familiarity and ease of use with cloud-based platforms. Experience with Salesforce, Dropbox, and GSuite preferred
You will be a great fit for this position if you…
- Enjoy creating and setting direction and are adaptable to the needs of the moment in a team environment
- Love connecting and meeting with others
- Are passionate about building bridges in our community and curious about other people’s stories
- Want to be connected to our program kids and families
- Live our core values of Grit, Excellence, Empowerment and Initiative, Community, and Radical Candor