City Impact is a faith-based, youth development non-profit in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our vision is to grow kids into leaders who break the cycle of poverty. Our team cares deeply about under-resourced families in Lincoln. We live and serve where our community needs it most.
Our space is full of energetic kids with hopes and dreams. We work with them to remove emotional, physical, and spiritual barriers, allowing them to flourish. We don’t just hand kids a Bible but walk alongside them, equipping them to empower others. When kids believe they can become a leader, they can achieve it.
Mentor, teach, empower, and transform. That’s how we beat the cycle of poverty. Want to join us?
We are seeking a Classroom Teacher for our City Impact Kids program (K – Grade 5). CI Kids teaches kids about God’s love while empowering them to use their God-given gifts to impact their world.
- Teaching the Bible story and active lesson to 15 1st graders each week using curriculum provided
- Creating a fun environment for building relationships and learning
- Classroom management, enforcing high behavior expectations among students and teen leaders
- Encouraging and shepherding youth volunteers on your classroom team, and supervising them as they lead small groups
- Prepping curriculum and making brief contacts with volunteers outside of class during the week
Previous experience teaching or working with kids who attend Title I schools is a plus.
5 hours/week – Tuesdays 5:00 – 9:00pm, plus 1 hour of planning. Hourly pay is $13/hour based on education.
Click below to apply.
We are looking for a dedicated and organized individual to lead our Gifts of Love program. Gifts of Love is one of the largest and longest running Christmas outreach programs in Lincoln, serving 500+ families, involving dozens of community partners, and about 1,000 volunteers annually. Gifts of Love is a Christmas store for need-qualified families which offers brand new items for parents to purchase at a fraction of the retail price, providing Christmas with dignity to under-resourced families.
- Plan and execute Gifts of Love promotional communications in print and across media platforms.
- Solicit sponsorships from local businesses, churches, and individuals.
- Secure collection sites, coordinate all communications, coordinate delivery and pick up of collection boxes.
- Manage volunteers including planning, communications, roles, recruitment, training, and oversight. 1,000 volunteers, on average, throughout the event.
- Plan and manage all shopper registration including all communications and details relating to the Gifts of Love store.
- Plan and manage all Gifts of Love shopping including student, family, and community shopping. Plan processes and workflow, use of space, communications, etc.
- Plan and manage store set up and tear down including time, supplies, workforce, and processes.
- Evaluate program results and develop the program to continue to meet needs in Lincoln.
What You Need
- Excellent time management skills and communications follow-up habits.
- Experience serving the community and connecting with under-resourced families.
- Outstanding communication skills with a natural talent for connecting with people, and a proven ability to form strong relationships.
- Strong knowledge of the Lincoln community and the skills to grow connections.
- Excellent self-management and organizational skills, motivated by outcomes and goals.
- Proven leadership and management experience delegating and creating clarity for team members and volunteers.
- Familiarity and ease of use with cloud-based platforms. Experience with Salesforce, Dropbox, and GSuite is preferred.
You will be a great fit for this position if you…
- Are energized by working with people and comfortable delegating to others.
- Enjoy creating and setting direction, are adaptable to the needs of the moment in a team environment.
- Are passionate about serving in our community and curious about other people’s stories. You want to be connected to our program kids and families.
- Live our core values of Grit, Excellence, Empowerment & Initiative, Community, and Radical Candor.
30 hours/week on average. Most hours 9am-5pm, some evenings and weekends necessary. Salary dependent upon experience.
Click below to apply. Then send a cover letter and resume to Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org.