Our excellent youth and programs need excellent support and leadership. If you would like to be part of our team, we welcome you to apply to any of these positions you feel called and qualified to fill.
City Impact is a faith-based, youth development non-profit in Lincoln, Nebraska. Our vision is to grow kids into leaders who break the cycle of poverty. Our team cares deeply about under-resourced families in Lincoln. We live and serve where our community needs it most.
We are looking for a passionate individual to lead our team fundraising efforts, someone excited to take on the task of creating sustainable funding for a growing organization. This full-time role is the lynchpin to funding programs that change lives in our community forever.
- Build authentic relationships with a portfolio of donors who are already passionate about City Impact’s mission and ask for their support to further it. This includes individuals, corporations, foundations, and grantors.
- Identify new donors and create pathways for engagement leading to an ask, in order to create and sustain income growth.
- Create, record, and execute personalized cultivation plans so that donors are retained, upgraded, and stewarded.
- Own donor care and work with the operations and communications teams to evaluate and execute processes for donor data management.
- Work closely with the Communications Director to create materials, campaigns, and fundraising events designed to execute donor engagement plans and reach quarterly budget goals.
- Collaborate quarterly with program staff to identify and craft specific funding proposals for major donors, foundations, and grants.
- Work closely with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to identify and cultivate potential major donor relationships.
- Complete timely and accurate documentation of fundraising activity to the Executive Director and Board of Directors.
What You Need
- 5+ years of experience in direct fundraising.
- A proven track record of success in securing gifts from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Outstanding communication skills with a natural talent for connecting with people, and a proven ability to form strong relationships that create change.
- Strong knowledge of the Lincoln community and the skills to grow connections.
- Excellent self-management and organizational skills, motivated by outcomes and goals.
- Proven leadership and management experience delegating and creating clarity for team members and direct reports.
- Excellent time management skills and communications follow-up habits.
- Familiarity and ease of use with cloud-based platforms. Experience with Salesforce, Dropbox, and GSuite is preferred.
You will be a great fit for this position if you…
- Enjoy creating and setting direction, are adaptable to the needs of the moment in a team environment.
- Love being on the move and out of the office, connecting and meeting with others.
- Appreciate the accountability of budgets and revenue goals, you know how to assess effectiveness and change course when something isn’t working.
- Find joy in helping people align their resources with City Impact’s mission.
- Are passionate about building bridges in our community and curious about other people’s stories. You want to be connected to our program kids and families.
- Live our core values of Grit, Excellence, Empowerment and Initiative, Community, and Radical Candor.
Click below to fill out an application, and send a cover letter and resume to Lizzie at email@example.com.