We’re Making An Impact
City Impact Programs
For more than 24 years, City Impact programs have been making a difference for under-served Lincoln families.
City Impact Faith (CI Faith)
We believe that every student is one caring adult away from being a success story. City Impact is looking for a variety of volunteers in our faith programs: Are you ready to be one caring adult in a student’s story?
CI Kids/Bible Club (Thursdays, starting February 9th 5:30-7:30pm)
VOLUNTEER NEEDS: The time commitment is 2.5 hours a week for one year (September-May). Click here to sign-up to volunteer.
- Small Group Leader: Lead a group of 4-6 3rd-5th grade students, assisting with classroom management, asking good questions, leading discussions, and creating safe and trusted relationships with your group.
- Worship and Big Group games: Do you love worship, singing with kids, teaching hand motions and dance? We need a leader for our big group activities!
- Are Gym and PE games your thing? We have 30 minutes of free gym time as kids arrive, and we need a volunteer to plan organized games and activities, keeping the gym fun and safe for a variety of ages.
- Kitchen Assistant: Help prepare, organize, serve, and clean up after meals every Tuesday to 8 classrooms of kids and adults.
PART-TIME JOB OPENINGS: Click here for more information about these positions.
- CLASSROOM TEACHER: We’re seeking an enthusiastic classroom teacher for our Tuesday night bible club, who will lead a class of about 20 students, as well as 4-6 adult or teen volunteers. Thursdays, 5:30pm – 7:30pm, plus one hour for planning (1 hour/week). .
- STUDENT SPECIALIST: We’re seeking a student specialist for our Tuesday night Bible Club, who will support the program director and classroom teachers in order to help students feel safe and thrive on Thursday evening. Hours are Thursday 5:30-7:30 pm (2 hours/week).
City Impact Literacy (CI Literacy)
We believe that readers become leaders!
The City Impact Literacy program cultivate a love of reading in its students. Students engage in reading through one-on-one tutoring, targeted literacy activities, and book clubs.
Starting January 24, 2023, CI Reading meets on Tuesdays throughout the school year from 4:30pm – 6:00pm at City Impact.
Apply now! Registration closes Friday, January 20th.
City Impact (CI) Book Clubs
We help students learn to read, and to love reading!
CI Book Club students cultivate a love of books through small group reading, discussion, and activities. A fun and encouraging environment for readers of all levels to explore learning and adventure. Available for grades 2-6.
Starting Summer 2023, CI Book Clubs meet on Saturdays from 10:00am – 11:30am for eight weeks each semester.
“I have had Angela Pillow as a mentor from the beginning of this year. I love and enjoy my weekly meetings with Angela and how she has helped me to succeed greatly in school and any other area of life. She has been nothing short of caring and motivating me constantly to do the best I can because I know she believes in me and my abilities. She is one of my biggest supporters and I have been grateful for the opportunity to have her as my success mentor.”
– Folashade Gbajumo, Junior at Lincoln Northeast High School
An academics-focused program, for participating Lincoln area Middle Schools and High Schools, that pairs students with a City Impact Coordinator for group and one-on-one mentoring to create accountability and support.
Success mentoring meets students where they are and help them to find their passion for future success. Interested Lincoln area Middle Schools and High Schools may click the button below to contact us for more information.